Monday, September 19, 2011

Our Humble Abode



WOOD GREEN, LONDON
Me in front of 95 Boundary Road
Our dining room
Our kitchen



As my dad and I walked down Boundary road, lugging our massive suitcases, I looked at each row house. Which one would be ours? Further down the street I got more of a feel for the different kinds of houses. There was red brick, white brick or stucco with pebbles. I wished with all my heart that ours was NOT stucco with pebbles. It wasn't.

95 Boundary road is an adorable, red brick row house with a blue gate, thank goodness! As you walk inside, the tiny entry hall is lavishly tiled in a middle-eastern style. Down the small hall in front there is a half bathroom and the kitchen. Although this house could probably fit into our house at home three times, the 9 foot ceilings make it seem quite spacious. A medium sized modern kitchen, living room with 2 couches and a small dining room make up the down stairs. A breath taking trip up the steep staircase will lead you onto a miniature landing. My room is straight ahead with a long and narrow bed at one end and a view out onto our flower garden. My sister's room is to the left and she has a people watching window above the street. My parents room is in the middle and is usually brightly lit, until the sun goes behind a rain cloud. Our house has two special features as well, a cupboard under the stairs and a loose floorboard in my room (for those Harry Potter lovers).  I love our house and I'm glad we live there--so no complaints.  Enjoy the photos!

Abby
Mom in the back garden

No comments:

Post a Comment